Critique - Judge Mrs Gill Cooke
I was honoured to be invited to judge this show and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the committee for their hospitality and providing both my husband & I with a delicious lunch and thank you to my two hard working stewards for their assistance in running the ring so efficiently. Lastly, judging on the day I had to make some difficult decisions and I would like to thank the exhibitors for their entries and for showing their good sportsmanship.
MINOR PUPPY DOG (3 1a)
1. Torpy's FERNSTART SONGWRITER...A eye-catching , confident young pup. His head at this stage is starting to break but still keeping his soft expression, good straight front, nice angled shoulders, lovely finish to his croup giving him a excellent top line,in good condition , moved well.
2. Wharton's. JENNISON TROUBLE. A nice young pup of a similar age, he has a good head, kind eye and expression, good dark coat in good condition. To be critical at this stage he is a little long in the back which makes him a little unbalanced but time is on his side and in my opinion being a bigger pup he will take longer to grow into his body.
PUPPY DOG (5 1a)
1. Lucus. HARREDS HASSLE WITH AMBERLIGHT. A lovely young pup of 9 months who was shown & moved to his advantage. He has a good head , lovely soft expression, good straight front, well bent stifles, good strong bone, lovely dark coat presenting an excellent top line and presented in good condition. BEST PUPPY DOG, RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW.
2. Torpy's .FERNSTART SONGWRITER.
3. Nicholl's .ROMARNE UNDER ORDERS
1.Gramlich's. REDCLYST MARIUS AT RICKASHELL. What a mischievous, naughty young dog who gave his handler such a hard time. I loved the type of this young dog ,he has a beautiful head, eye and expression, good neck and shoulders, straight in front and once he settled he created a lovely outline. I do hope his handler persists with his ring training as on another occasion a judge may not be so forgiving !
2.Willis. GWENDARIFF THYME BOMB AT JACWILINS. A good young dog of 13 months, more mature than 1. He has a pleasing head, good dark coat, with good angulation all through , well boned , moved well.
3.Robert's & Cormack SANGARAH SHARED ROMANCE WITH POLMENNOR (imp.Hun)
Macaulay's. CASKEYS MICHIEF OF STYLERSETTS J.W. A lovely young dog who was presented and shown to his advantage & in beautiful condition. He has the most beautiful head , lovely dark eye with such a soft expression, straight in front, good neck and well laid shoulders, just the right amount of bend of stifle , creating a excellent top line, moved well, just needs maturity & a little more coat to complete the picture and he will doubt worry the best ! RESERVE BEST DOG.
2. Gramlich. REDCLYST MARIUS AT RICKASHELL.
3. Torpy's BARDONHILL JIVE TALKIN.
MAIDEN DOG (3)
1. Willis.GWENDARIFF THYME BOMB AT JACWILLINS.
2 .Robert's & Cormack SANGARAH SHARED ROMANCE WITH POLMENNOR (imp.Hun)
A Nicely handled young dog, still needs to have a little more work in his head but I'm sure that will come with age, good in front, good bend of stifle, moved well.
3. Bailey's DANAWAY DALLAS.
1. Willis GWENDARIFF THYME BOMB AT JACWILLINS
2. Nicholl's ROMARNE UNDER ORDERS. A nice mature young puppy with a good head and a kind eye, would prefer a slightly tighter front but I'm sure that will develop with age , good in shoulder to create a good top line, nice depth of chest, shown & moved well.
3Roberts & Cormack SANGARAH SHARED ROMANCE WITH POLMENNOR(imp.Hun)
GRADUATE DOG (4 2a)
1. Lucas's SHANDWICK MAGIC MOMENTS VIA AMBERLIGHT. This owner really knows how to get the best out of her dogs. This lovely dog has a pleasing head & eye , good in front, neck and shoulders , he has a striking outline , lovely dark coat and in good condition, moved well.
2. Brown's CASKEYS CHICO . A lovely dog who is a favourite of mine & is by the same sire (Caskeys Persuader) as my winner, he has a beautiful head which I preferred to my winner, he has a lovely dark eye and a soft expression, perhaps not as racy in appearance to my winner, I do think in my opinion that he doesn't show himself to his advantage, he is in good coat, moved quite well.
POST GRATUATE DOG (7 2a)
1.Gilks SUTTERSETT MR.UPPITY. A lovely dog with a nice head, good neck and shoulder, good depth of chest, lovely dark coat with a good top line, moved well.
2.Marmol POLMENNOR FUN IN THE SUN. A pleasing dog with a good head & eye , not so good in front as my winner but never the less he had a lovely top line and moved well.
3.Gratton's BARDONHILL MOON RIVER FLOWS INTO GLENLAINE J.W. Another pleasing dog!
LIMIT DOG (4 1a)
1.Nicholl's DELSANTO SNOW STORM ShCM. A very nice dog with a lovely head, good front & shoulders, a nice depth of chest, good firm top line finishing nicely at the croup, lovely dark coat, shown & moved well.
2.Holley's WYNJILL WELL I AM J.W. Close up to my winner, he has a pleasing head and a soft expression, good in front , good angulation front & rear, it was a joy to watch him move around the ring with so much drive & enthusiasm .
3.Gardner's MAYFRED MR. MOONLIGHT J.W ShCM.
OPEN DOG (3 )
A lovely class.
Rodda's 1.TERAMOUR GOING FOR GOLD. A lovely upstanding dog , most appealing head , dark eye and a soft expression, good in front & shoulder placement, good depth of chest , lovely finish at the croup which created a nice overall picture, gleaming dark coat , shown to his advantage & moved well.
2.Cox's JSY CH TIROEN TOO HOT TO HANDLE. J.W.Sh CM..Another lovely dog , he has a very nice head and expression , straight in front, good angulation of shoulder, nice depth of chest, little longer in the loin to my winner , good finish to his croup, shown & moved well.
3.Lucas KERYFAIR GETS LUCKY OVER AMBERLIGHT J.W....Completes a lovely trio of dogs!
VETERAN DOG (4 1a )
1.Gardner's Sh. Ch. RIQUITTA AUTHENTIC. A dog of quality and eye catching appearance . At 7 ½ years old he has a lovely well balanced head ,a kind eye with a soft expression, good straight front ,excelled in shoulder, good depth of chest , strong in the loin, good bend of stifle enabling him to move with such drive. It was a pleasure to go over such a quality dog and I was pleased to award him , BEST DOG, BEST VETERAN and BEST IN SHOW.
2.Rodda's TERAMOUR GOING FOR GOLD.
3.Brown's CASKEYS HAZZARD.
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (4 1a )
1.Curtis's WYLDFIRE DERINA very delightful puppy of 7months, she has such a pretty head and a sweet expression , good in outline, bend of stifle,a lovely dark coat with a little movement in it, moved and showed so well for such a young pup.
2.Rodda's TERAMOUR LADY IN RED. Another pretty puppy of 7months, not quite the head of my winner, she has a good straight front & a good top line finishing so nicely at the croup, in good coat and showed and moved with confidence.
3.Daraz's WYDFIRE DELIA.
PUPPY BITCH (5 2a)
1.Hall's GLENNARA NEVER CAN TELL. A very pretty , confident bitch who was shown to her advantage, she has a lovely head, good in the front, good shoulder and a very nice top line and good finish to her croup, to be a little critical I would prefer a darker coat , moved with confidence. BEST PUPPY IN SHOW.
2.Hall's HARREDS HETTIE. It was such a shame this gorgeous puppy had lost her confidence today, once I was able to go over her I found her to have such a pretty head, lovely dark eye ,good in front, right length of body, good depth of chest, good shoulder, lovely dark coat in good condition. Another day she will worry the best !
3.Rodda's TERAMOUR LADY IN RED.
JUNIOR BITCH (5 2a)
1.Waterton's SANDSTREAM SUMMER BREEZE. A very elegant bitch with a pretty head, lovely eyes, good in front, lovely shoulder, leading into a good top line, good angulation in the stifles, moved well.
2.Jones 's GWENDARIFF NUTMEG. A different type of bitch, a nice head and eye, not quite the racyness in her top line as my winner, moved quite well.
3.Davie's JONOLA SECRET LOVE AT LOCHFRAE.
YEARLING BITCH (5 3a)
1, Waterton's SANDSTREAM SUMMER BREEZE.
2.Jones 's GWENDARIFF NUTMEG.
MAIDEN BITCH (4 4a )
NOVICE BITCH (5 3a)
1.Waterton's SANDSTREAM SUMMER BREEZE.
2.Davie's JONOLA SECRET LOVE AFFAIR AT LOCHFRAE. A nice bitch but to be critical needs a little more work in her head but never less she has a feminine appearance, good body and in very good coat, moved well.
GRADUATE BITCH(5 1a)
1.Brady's AMBERLIGHT GUINEVERE. A very eye catching bitch, she has a beautiful head with a soft expression, nice straight front, good shoulder. Lovely top line, presented in good condition shown & moved well.
2.Borthwick's NORTHAMBER RUNS RIOT AT LOTUSHILL. Another lovely bitch, pretty head and nice expression,in lovely coat and condition, she makes a lovely picture when standing, just losing out a little on her shoulder to my winner, moved and shown very well.
3.Robert's LYNWOOD FULL OF GRACE AT POLMENNOR.
POST GRADUATE BITCH.(6 3a)
1.Fox 's MILLCROFT BUBBLING MOON. This bitch has a pretty head , good front, good bend of stifle, nice depth of chest, presents a lovely out line , shown well and a very good mover.
2.GWilliam & Bozier 's REDDINS KISS OF VICTORIAVIEW. A nice bitch, perhaps a little heavy over the shoulder than 1., good overall body, nice finish to her croup, moved o.k
3.Curtis's CASKEYS DIVINE WITH WYLDFIRE.
LIMIT BITCH (7 2a)
1. Stevenson 's LOCHLORIEN SCULLY FOXES ANDLEY. A lovely outlined bitch, not in her best of coats but never the less she is feminine and has a good head, good front, well laid shoulders and a good body, shown to her advantage and moved very well.
2. Walter's DREAMERLIS REGAL JODIE FROM DENEIL. A close decision between my first two bitches each having similar qualities, this pretty headed bitch had a better head in my opinion than my winner,she has a good front, plenty of substance to her body a good top line and a nice finish to her croup, perhaps not showing herself to her advantage as my winner but moved steadily with drive.
3. Hall's CURROWHILL TICKLE PINK WITH GLENNARA J.W. ShCM.
OPEN BITCH (7 1a)
1.Elkins AVACET SNOWBIRD. A lovely bitch of good type, good dark coat in fabulous condition, pretty head & lovely dark eye, good straight front, Lovely finish to her croup giving her a beautiful in her top line, adequate angulation of stifle, she moved well with drive. I was pleased to award her with RESERVE BEST BITCH.
2.Waterton's SH CH LYNWOOD KISSED BY AN ANGEL AT SANDSTREAM J.W.ShCM.
A worthy SH CH of good type , just unlucky to meet my winner today who was on great form. This bitch has such a pretty , feminine head and a lovely expression, very good in neck and shoulders, good bend of stifle giving her such a racy appearance, moved very well.
3.Hall's SHENANAGIN STARDRIFT AT GLENNARA J.W. ShCM.
VETERAN BITCH.(6 )
1. Stevenson's LOCHLORIEN PRIME SUSPECT FOR ANDLEY J.W. ShCM
A lovely feminine 8 year old bitch, she has a pretty head, good straight front, well laid shoulders , deep in chest , good length of back giving her a good top line , excellent dark coat and condition, shown to her advantage and moved so well. It gave me much pleasure to award her BEST BITCH and RESERVE BEST IN SHOW.
2. Fox's SATLAS BLEAU EYES. Another lovely bitch of 10 years old, I loved her pretty , greying face ,such lovely eyes & expression , a good front , nice depth of body, good bend of stifle and a good top line, moved so well.
3. Williamson's BLUESPRINGS ATLANTIS.
Best Dog, Best in Show and Best Veteran in Show – Tania Gardner’s Sh Ch Riqitta Authentic
Best Bitch, Reserve Best in Show and Best Opposite Sex – George and Cheryl Stevenson’s Lochlorien Prime Suspect for Andley JW
Best Puppy Bitch and Best Puppy in Show – Katrina Hall’s Glennara Never Can Tell
Reserve Best Dog – Lynda Macauley’s Caskeys Mischief of Stylersetts JW
Reserve Best Bitch – Maureen Elkin’s Avacet Snowbird
Best Puppy Dog – Paula Lucas’s Harreds Hassle with Amberlight
Results kindly supplied by Becky Box