Thank you to the Club for the invitation to judge Irish Setters at their show. And to the stewards who kept the ring running smoothly.
1. Weller’s Bardonhill A Kind of Magic with Juldeane – She is very balanced and has a lovely topline and correct tail set. Good angulation. She has a good straight front, deep chest and a good spring of ribs. Her head is long and lean with correct shape eyes and raised brows. Nice tight feet. She moved well with correct tail carriage. BPIB
2. Stewart & Jones Gwendariff Gooseberry Fool – She has a beautiful head with good finish to stop and raised brows, defined occiput. She is refined in skull and her neck flows cleanly into a good topline. She has good angulation and a straight front. A deep chest and good spring of ribs. Just not as positive on the move as the winner.
3. Millington’s Lanstara Scarlet Ribbons
Junior – (5, 2 abs)
1. Stewart & Jones Gwendariff Gooseberry Fool – comments as above but moved much more positively in this class to win.
2. Milligan-Bott & Bott’s Thendara Crystal Ice JW – She has a good front and angulation back and front. Topline and tailset are correct. A deep chest and good spring of ribs. Pretty, feminine expression and good earset. Immaculately turned out. Today she was very unsettled on the move.
3. Bougen’s Gwendariff Hot Ticket
Post Graduate (3,1 abs)
1. Hart’s Gwendariff In The Limelight With Gilliegrae JW ShCM – Correct head planes, with good finish to stop and refined in skull. Good topline which he held on the move. Good muscle tone. He is balanced in outline and has good angulation. A straight front and well sprung ribs. He moved well.
2. Dewar’s Gwendariff Willy Won’t He – He has a balanced outline, with a good topline. He is refined in head with good finish to stop and muzzle. Expressive, correctly shaped eyes. Good depth to chest. Well angulated without exaggeration. Not fully co-operating with his handler today when standing. Moved well.
Limit (3, 1abs)
1.Stevenson’s Lochlorien True Detective Is Andley – A pretty bitch with correct head planes, she is refined in skull with good finish to stop and expressive eyes. She is balanced in outline with good angulation front and rear. She has a deep chest and good spring of ribs. Tight feet. Stood like a rock and moved well with correct tail carriage RBOB
2. Dewar’s Gwendariff Here I Come – Correct head planes with good finish to stop and muzzle. Correct ear set and good expression. Straight front and good angulation. Needs to settle, moved okay.
1.Bailey & Condron’s Covarney Lil’ Rascal JW ShCM - Balanced in outline, his angulation both front and back is excellent. He is well muscled and has wide and powerful hindquarters. He has a deep chest and good spring of ribs. His head is refined and his brows raised, he has good finish to stop and to his muzzle. Clean lines flowing from his well arched neck into a correct topline. Shown in gleaming condition. He moved well with correct tail carriage. BOB