- Category: Championship Shows April Championship Shows April
- Published: 23 April 2018 23 April 2018
Critique - Judges: Dogs: Mrs E Gratton (Glenlaine)
I would like to thank the committee for inviting me to judge this lovely show. Thank you to all the exhibiter’s for bringing there beautiful Dogs, and too the two stewards who both worked so hard thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed my day.
Minor Puppy Dog: (2)
1) Baily Danaway Dessert Song.
A very nice Puppy, well made with nice head arched neck, firm top-line well off for bone, moved well for one so young.
2) Turner Brabrook Redbutton of Dazycutter,
Another nice Baby just not as forward as 1st, nicely made all through soft expression just need time.
Puppy Dog: (9)
1) Danks-Kemish, Teleri Summertime Blues Avec Alolfrana (AI)
Impressive youngster who has it all, Lovely head long and lean, nice dark eye with raised brow, arched neck fits well into shoulders. Top line flows head to-tail well ribbed back, lovely bloom and a real showman, moved very well. (BP in show in Agreement with my Co Judge).
2) Rutherford Judge Crocker & Siddle. Riverbrue Galliano Fizz to Clonageera.
A well-made Baby lovely head, with good stop nice finish to foreface raised brow, dark eye, straight front firm pasterns good forward reach on the move.
3) Poole, Teleri Summer Nights.
Veteran Dog: (5)
1) Gisby & Pike SHCH Suteresett Milkyway with Scarletti JW.
A champion in all aspects a pleasure to go over him, excellent outline with the loveliest head, flows from head to tail, in lovely condition moved very well.
(Best in Show in agreement with my Co Judge)
2) Axon Brinara Back in the Running.
Lovely head with raised brow, nice length of neck into good shoulders, Gentle top- line correct croup, strong loin lovely condition.
3) Corless Bardonhill Swift Eagle.
Junior Dog: (10) 1abs
1) Holly Wynjill Snap Dragon.
Very smart Lad, loved his head, lovely finish to foreface, arched neck leading into correct shoulders, gentle slopping top line, good bone lovely angles, moved very well, in great condition.
2) Fitzmaurice Harreds Trooper.
Rangier Boy but balanced all through, lovely head correct finish to foreface, raised brow well set on ears, strong bone, flowing top-line, with good finish to croup.
3) Gisby Suteresett king of Hearts. JW.
Yearling Dog: (6) 1abs
1) Muir & O’Connor Gwendariff I’m Coming Out.
Handsome head with raised brow, dark eye, balanced body with straight front, nice width to quarters, short hook which he used to power round the ring.
2) French Diervilla Zen Power.
A pleasing out line, head with gentle expression, dark eye, low set ears, well of bone, lovely condition moved well.
3) Savage Brabrook Masterpiece at Finefall.
Maiden Dog: (7) 2abs
1) Rutherford Judge Crocker & Siddle.
Riverbrue Galliano Fizz to Clonageera.
2) Hall Harreds Trevor.
Handsome lad with lovely outline, dark coat, in lovely condition, just needs to settle on the move.
3) Russell Lynwood Hocus Pocus at Settesoli
Novice (10) 4abs
1) Holly Wynjill Snapdragon.
2) Ruttherford Judge Crocker & Siddle.
Riverbrue Galliano Fizz to Clonogeera
3) Halls Harreds Trevor
Undergraduate: (8) 4abs
1) Dufrat Lynnwood Love Potion for Haverley.
Liked this Boy lovely type, loved his head balanced body, good angulation front and rear, nice width hindquarters, well-muscled, short hooks, flowing top-line moved well.
2) Jones Gwendariff Pink Floyd.
Masculine head with good stop, raised brow, straight front, strong hindquarters, lovely condition, moved well.
3) French Diervilla Zen Power.
Graduate Dog (7) 2abs
1) Davis Pawsword Praire Wind JW.
Well balanced, good front, nice angles front and rear, not exaggerated masculine head, dark eye, raised brow, low set ears, firm top-line, strong hindquarters, short hocks, moved well with style.
Strathmead Huckleberry of Settesoli.
Similar type to 1st, lovely head, low set ears, tight feet, correct top-line, strong loin, nice width to hindquarters, just not as settled on the move as 1st.
3) Sangarah Shared Romance with Polmennor (imphun)
Post Graduate Dog: (14)3abs
1) Sharman & Jennings – Sharman Kerrimere Indescreet.
Surprised myself here, a very honest boy, head with raised brow, neck flowing into good shoulders, strong top-line, standing on good feet, well-made all through, moved well.
2) Greenans Anlory Aiden.
Striking dog, rich dark coat, head long and lean with raised brow, firm top-line, and good finish to croup, well set on tail.
3) Dufrat Lynwood Love Potion for Haverly.
Mid Limit Dog: (9) 5abs.
1) Mcaulys Caskeys Mischief of Stylersets. JW.
Loved his head, lovely expression with plenty of work, well balanced all through, firm top-line deep fore chest. Strong loin, nice tail set moved well, Lovely Boy.
2) Cohen Aoibheanns Rough Diamond with Shushana, JW.
Handsome boy with lovely head piece, straight front plenty of sternum, slopping top-line, strong hindquarters, in lovely condition.
3) Tupper & Rosie Staratlanta Elliot SHCM.
Limit Dog (9)
1) Wilkins Margretwoods Gobstopper JW SHCM
Have always liked this Boy, in lovely bloom, he possesses the most beautiful classic head, raised brow with melting expression, lovely outline good layback of shoulders, and good return of upper arm, plenty of sternum, short powerful hocks which he used to power round the ring, pleased to award him the CC BIS 0n referee decision, Well Done.
2) Lucas Bardonhill Eternal Flame among Amberlight, JW.
Stands over the ground, good bone, arched neck with good shoulders, strong loin, and nice finish to croup, in nice coat.
3) Gwendariff Unknown Soldier JW.
Open Dog (4)
1) Sturrock, SHCH Forfarin I’m Sexy and I know it JW.
This Boy has a lovely head and outline, gentle slopping top-line, clean shoulders correct angulation front and rear, moved well, in gleaming coat and condition,
Worthy Champion pleased to Award RCC.
2) Stewart Richie Smith. SH CH IR SHCH Gwendariff Whippersnapper JW CW15
Another boy who has a lovely outline, tiptop condition. I liked his head showing raised brow, well set ears lying close to his head, firm top-line well ribbed back with strong loin, best of feet.
3) Mitchals SH CH Amblin’s Sweet William.
Special Beginners (1)
1) Scales Rubratinneh Tecumseh.
Hard to access.
Alan Vanderbilt Memorial Open Class for Members Dog (4)
1) Cohan Aoibheanns Rough diamond with Shushana JW.
Masculine head, soft expression balanced body, good angulation fore and aft moved well.
2) Cohen Caispern Lorenzo with Shushana JW SHCM
Lovely type of dog, balanced body, with gentle slopping top-line, straight front, short hocks, moved well.
3) Drinkwater Brabrook Shazalazoo
Mrs E Gratton
Irish Setter Club of Wales
22 April 2018
Judges: Dogs: Mrs E Gratton (Glenlaine) Bitches: Mr R J Morris (Lascoed)
Referee: Mrs O Henson (Tatsbro)
Entry: 167 Dogs making 231 Entries
Winning his first Challenge Certificate, followed by Best in Show
Congratulations to Lucca, owned by Julie Wilkins
Margretwoods Gobstopper JW Sh.CM
Winning the Res. Dog CC and Reserve Best in Show
Congratulations to Nolan, owned by
Sandra, Jenna and Nicola Sturrock
Sh.Ch. Forfarian I'm Sexy An I Know It JW
The Bitch Challenge Certificate was awarded to Elsie
Owned by Debs Armitage
Sh.Ch.Gwendariff Coco Nut Cream
The Res. Bitch CC was awarded to Sharon Mutch with
Romarne Galway Girl at Astleyview
Bet Puppy Dog and Best Puppy in Show
was awarded to Wills
Owned by Olivia Danks-Kemish
Teleri Summertime Blues Avec Alolfrana
Best Veteran Dog and Best Veteran in Show
was awarded to Simba
owned by Teresa and Gemma Gisby and Rita Pike
Sh.Ch.Suteresett Milky Way With Scarletti JW
Congratulations to All the Winners
We will be pleased to add the missing photographs if the owners would like to send some in.
The Irish Setter Club of Wales celebrated its 40th Anniversary at the shows
with wine and a giant cake baked and decorated by Rhiannon Jones
The cake was cut by Chairperson Lynn Morris
More photos and full results on www.irishsetterclubofwales.co.uk