Critique - Judge Mrs Mary Gurney (Danaway)
Can’t imagine why Irish are second in the ring which didn’t become available until 1 pm, but I had to be there by 10am I spent all morning checking if my ring was free, which was apparently my responsibility. Felt desperate by the time I got home at midnight, could be off putting if coming from the south getting home so late. This was my 25th championship appointment this doesn’t include judging both sexes, so have judged most of the very best since my first appointment with C.C’s in 1983. Whilst I had some lovely dogs many things trouble me, was very surprised to find a few iffy bites in younger classes do check them as we take it for granted that they stay the same. Irish are not renowned for their movement but some were dreadful. Some heads were quite wrong. Whilst we rightly have no height standard balance is more important but some are becoming too small, short limbed and cobby, this happened some time ago to Golden Retrievers they became a large body on short legs. A cobby dog can never be a racy dog, it’s the only thing the standard breed standard demands, (Must be racy), our breed should be elegant not cobby, they are not small dogs. This is not particularly directed at this entry but an observation at the shows.
1. Ostman’s - Copper’s Snowgrouse
Just 6 months old, beautifully put together, true in front assembly, well off for bone, head and expression correct and appealing, moved very well.
2. Gardners’s - Jonola Hubble Bubble Danwish
Not as together as above although a couple of months older, quite a pleasant head, nice bone, a bit at that straight stifle stage when his back end needs to drop. Ring presence and general movement good.
3. Cooper’s - Rowdenhill Jack Daniels
1. Armstrong - Meadway Makenzey
Nice size will be a slashing handsome masculine dog when finished. Beautiful head refined skull, well raised brow and a lovely eye, good finish to muzzle, he is at that stage where he hasn’t quite grown into his frame but everything to like about him, lots of length to body coat which might take a bit taming but well worth it. A tad lazy on the move but sound.
2. Sloane’s - Ferasheen Patriot Game
Deep chested and good croup and overall shape, length of neck correct, pleasant enough head, moved OK
3. Holehan’s - Ferasheen Portadown
1. Milligan & Bott’s - Paris Match Thendara
Turned into a lovely boy, so correct in shape beautifully balanced, charming head and soft gentle expression, well set ears, in superb coat and condition, strong sound mover effortlessy covering the ground, should have an excellent future.
2. Hogarth’s - Redclyst Flash
Another rather lovely boy liked him, smart correct topline, clean neck and shoulder, has a lovely head not overdone in any way, strong sound movement.
1. Holley’s - Wynjill Well I am
And he certainly is and he knows it. Litter brother to my bitch C.C winner. Handsome racy gorgeous dog only a youngster still quite immature with more to come, his head is divine so much work in it, desired raised brow, gentle melting wistful expression. Excels in body, well angulated fore and aft, moved very well with great ease.
2. McKintyne’s - Staralanta Huggie Bear
Good width to quarters, well off for bone refined skull, needs to carry more weight.
3. Riddell’s - Thendara Chasing Girls Around Trunorth
1. Burke’s - Lanstara Soul Seduction
Standing alone but a very nice dog, overall shape good, strong wide backend, deep chest, and well-shaped head, moved soundly.
Post Graduate Dog
1. Bott’s - Bardonhill Tom Foolery
Appealing boy lovely racy outline strong wide hindquarters, good head and expression, in lovely coat and condition, strong movement. His name befits him, in the challenge gave his poor handler a terrible time, feel once he gets on top of that his time will come.
2. Stocker’s - Kirkavagh Xakala
Have done this boy well in the past and still appreciate his excellent points, perhaps just not in his best bib and tucker. Not overdone in any way just correct, melting gentle expression, very good on the move holding his correct topline.
3. Collin’s - Fearnley Venve
1. Hunter’s - Sametsuz Scriptwriter
Liked and Judged him as a puppy and he has ended up a fine dog, excellent forehand and layback of shoulder, balanced throughout, sweetest expression lovely finish to his muzzle, when asked to move his handler took off like a bat out hell sending poor dog all over the place, once he slowed down the movement was one of the best of the day, holding his head and profile beautifully, covering the ground with great precision and ease, father of my bitch C.C winner.
2. Armstrong-Rodgers & Cooper’s - Wickenberry Sirius
A famous Affix from the past and is still the same lovely type, well put together, excels in lay of shoulder, croup, and head, very steady mover.
3. Cole - Gwendariff Pellegrino
Open Dog -
What a lovely class of dogs I genuinely admire these four beautiful dogs, and would happily award C.C’s to any of them, but decisions have to be made and it just has to be on the day.
1. Milligan-Bott & Bott’s - Sh Ch Thendara Pot Noodle
Gorgeous dog has pretty well everything, stands correctly over strong limbs, straight topline sloping gently from shoulder to his well-set tail. Lovely head not overdone in any way, fine skull and nice finish to muzzle, beautiful expression so Irish with plenty of work. He is racy, balanced and I like his size good length of leg. Has great presence and style which is displayed on the move, and he does not disappoint its effortless, striding out soundly. It gave me the greatest pleasure to award him the C.C and BOB he won Group 3.
2. Osman’s - Copper’s Magisk Under
Another lovely dog so correct and great breed type, beautiful head and expression, correct length of neck flowing smoothly into well laid shoulders, deep chest, well bent stifles, firm topline, has sound steady movement which all adds up a super dog Res C.C
3. Ciechonska’s - Sh Ch Copper’s Champagne On Ice At Aoibheanne
1. Carter’s - Kerrimere Just Rumours
8.1/2 in excellent condition, deep chest with well sprung ribs, balanced throughout good head, moved very well.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1. Box’s - Bardonhill Afternoon D’Lite At Fernstart
Fell for this lovely puppy, has gorgeous head so feminine and pretty, good lay of shoulder, deep well shaped body rich dark coat, movement steady and true, should have a bright future.
2. Wilson’s - Copper’s Snowqueen
Another lovely baby has all the essentials nicely put together, so pretty moved and showed well.
3. Cooper & Armstrong-Rodgers - Rowdenhill Tanquery Betwixt Scottsway
1. King’s - Kirkavagh Zenyatta
Lovely girl sweet pretty head, good neck and shoulder, wide backend, correct outline, played up a little on the move but is sound. Best Puppy
2. Sloane’s - Ferasheen Pavanna
Well-made pup like her for type has all I look for, but not making the best of herself on the move.
3. Price’s - Severnvale She’s Got Class.
Makes a trio of very nice puppies.
Was torn between the first two, they are quite different but have their own good points.
1. Gardner’s - Perfectly Wicked For Danwish
Quite mature well bodied, good spring of rib and wide quarters, pretty expression won this on her movement which was steady and sound.
2. Ciechonska’s - Aoibheanne’s Rough N’ Tumble
Feminine bitch starting to come into her own has a striking outline, very good quarters, not quite as steady as above.
3. Ostman’s - Copper’s Roses All Over
1. Holley’s - Wynjill Well Known
She certainly is has made quite a name for herself, just coming up to 2 years of age. Just beautiful appeals in every way, feminine and totally balanced throughout, most lovely well shaped head long and lean refined and feminine with gorgeous expression. Great width to upper thigh, stiles well bent, well angled hock joint, short from hock to heel. She is a joy to watch on the move, great drive from behind covering so much ground effortlessly so free and sound. She and her brother are a credit to their clever breeder, a joy to award her the C.C her first of many I’m sure.
2. Harvey’s - Wynjill Well Kept Secret At Barntallock
Not handled to advantage, but a really nice bitch, very feminine, pretty expression, moved OK
1. Harvey’s - Shenanagin Sensational At Barntallock
Nice type of bitch, good head with sweetest expression, balanced throughout, needs to tighten in front.
Post Graduate Bitch
1. Bott, Bott, Allen& Morgan - Bardonhill Please don’t tease Quensha JW
Did very well under me as a pup pleased to see she has fulfilled her early promise, I like her style so together with her excellent handler, she is in lovely coat, has all the things I look for femininity, balance and good angulation, a pretty head with correct expression she pleased in all these departments, topped it all with excellent movement.
2. Gargrave & King’s - Kirkavagh Ximena
Another good bitch from this well known kennel, as always a racy outline with firm topline, strong backend, excellent shoulder, moved sound and true.
3. Warner’s - Tamwood Tahlula
1. Henderson’s - Sametsuz Call Girl JW
Litter sister to limit dog, and same lovely type, excels in front and rear angulation, good length of neck fitting smoothly into well laid shoulders, topline straight and firm with required gentle slope. Lean head with gentle expression, moves well sound and true, not in her best bloom at the moment, hope she gains her 3rd C.C soon as it is well deserved.
2. Klebo’s - - Copper’s Magical Twist
Eye catching, striking outline, like her shoulders and width of upper thigh, pleasing head and expression, moved well.
3. Sloane’s - Fernstart Love In A Mist At Ferasheen
Three excellent bitches.
1. Hunter & Brown’s - Sh Ch/Int Ch Fairhaven Louise Mountbatten At Braismount
Easy to see why this lovely bitch has won so much, enjoyed judging her, feminine head lovely soft expression, excellent body deep, ribs well sprung and carried well back to a muscular loin, quarters good width and stifles well bent, in wonderful coat and condition, just didn’t put a foot wrong, one that cannot be ignored delivered superb movement free and easy at one with her handler, she gets the best from her dogs she handles with quiet gentle ease, that makes you more aware of the dog than the handler. Reserve C.C
2. King’s - Kirkavagh Ebadiyla JW
Another eye catching profile in body and head, balanced and true to breed type unlucky to meet above in such form, this breeder has stuck to her guns and breeds to her beliefs she is not taken in by fads that befall and do harm to the breed from time to time, the Kirkavaghs are easily identifiable she has established a strong strain.
3. Osman’s - Copper’s Under My Umbrell.
1. Warner’s - Strathmead Snowbunting JW
Always liked this lovely bitch with her beautiful head and expression, excel in body shape well angulated front and rear, moves very well. Been unlucky didn’t get her just deserves
Judge Mrs Mary T Gurney
Border Union 15 June 2014
Judge Mrs Mary Gurney (Danaway)
Entry 80 dogs making 97 Entries
Dog Challenge Certificate, Best of Breed and Gundog Group 3
Congratulations to Noodle, owned by Dee Milligan Bott and Jeremy Bott
Sh.Ch. Thendara Pot Noodle JW
Photo: Ian Newsham
The Bitch Challenge Certificate, her First,
was awarded to Ginger owned by Jill Holley
Wynjill Well Known JW
Photo: Colin N Waddell, kindly supplied by Jill Holley
Best Puppy Bitch and Best Puppy in Breed
was Linda and Steve Kings,
Other Main Awards:
Res.Dog CC: Copper's Magiska Under (Camilla Ostman)
Res. Bitch CC: Sh.Ch./Int.Ch. Fairhaven Louise Mountbatten at Braidmount
(Mona Hunter & Will Brown)
Best Puppy Dog: Armstrong Meadway Makenzey
Congratulations to all the Winners
Sorry we have no photos from this show.
DCC - Sh Ch Thendara Pot Noodle JW - Mrs D & Mr J N Milligan-bott & Bott
RDCC - Copper¦s Magiska Under [atc Al00247swe] - Miss C M Ostman
BCC - Wynjill Well Known JW - Mrs J E Holley
RBCC - Sh Ch/int Ch Fairhaven Louise Mountbatten @ Braidmount ((imp) Swe - Ms M & Mr W Hunter & Brown
BOB - Sh Ch Thendara Pot Noodle JW - Mrs D & Mr J N Milligan-bott & Bott
BP - Kirkavagh Zenyatta - Mr S C & Mrs L M King
Minor Puppy - Dog
Entries. 4 Absentees. 1
1. Copper's Snowgrouse [atc Ar00777swe] - Miss C M Ostman
2. Jonola Hubble Bubble Danwish - Miss T Gardner
3. Rowdenhill Jack Daniels - Mrs C S Cooper
Puppy - Dog
Entries. 4 Absentees. 0
1. Meadway Makenzey - Mr P Armstrong
2. Ferasheen Patriot Game - Miss G & Mrs K Sloane
3. Ferasheen Portadown - Miss Holehan
Res. Jonola Hubble Bubble Danwish - Miss T Gardner
Junior - Dog
Entries. 10 Absentees. 2
1. Paris Match Thendara - Mrs D & Mr J N Milligan-bott & Bott
2. Redclyst Flash - Mrs P A Hogarth
3. Gwendariff Praktily Perfek - Mrs L Sketchley
Res. Eusanit Action Master At Denetop - Mrs M R Glasper
VHC. Ferasheen Patriot Game - Miss G & Mrs K Sloane
Yearling - Dog
Entries. 3 Absentees. 0
1. Wynjill Well I Am JW - Mrs J E Holley
2. Staratlanta Huggie Bear - Mrs M Mcintyre
3. Thendara Chasing Girls Around Trunorth - Mrs D Riddell
Graduate - Dog
Entries. 2 Absentees. 1913
1. Lanstara Soul Seduction - Mr J & Mrs S Burke
Post Graduate - Dog
Entries. 6 Absentees. 1
1. Bardonhill Tom Foolery - Mrs M Bott
2. Kirkavagh Xakala - Mrs S Stocker
3. Fearnley Veuve - Mr I & Mrs A Collins
Res. Caemgen's Element Of Truth At Feorlig ((imp) Swe - Miss K & Miss S V Miller & Wollbraaten
Limit - Dog
Entries. 5 Absentees. 0
1. Sametsuz Scriptwriter - Mr D A & Mrs L Hunter
2. Wickenberry Sirius - Mesdames L & S Armstrong-rodgers & Cooper
3. Gwendariff Pellegrino - Mrs S Cole
Res. Mayfred Mr Moondance JW - Miss T Gardner
VHC. Fetteresk Snow Patrol - Mrs J Hannah
Open - Dog
Entries. 4 Absentees. 0
1. Sh Ch Thendara Pot Noodle JW - Mrs D & Mr J N Milligan-bott & Bott
2. Copper¦s Magiska Under [atc Al00247swe] - Miss C M Ostman
3. Shch Copper's Champagne On Ice At Aoibheanne ((imp) Swe JW - Miss E S Ciechonska
Res. Sh Ch Avacet Snowdrift - Mrs P A Hogarth
Veteran - Dog
Entries. 2 Absentees. 0
1. Kerrimere Just Rumours. - Mr & Mrs C H Carter
Minor Puppy - Bitch
Entries. 5 Absentees. 2
1. Bardonhill Afternoon D'lite At Fernstart - Miss R Box
2. Copper's Snowqueen ((imp) Swe Naf - Mrs M Wilson
3. Rowdenhill Tanqueray Betwixt Scottsway - Mrs S & Mrs L Cooper & Armstrong-rodgers
Puppy - Bitch
Entries. 6 Absentees. 0
1. Kirkavagh Zenyatta - Mr S C & Mrs L M King
2. Ferasheen Pavanna - Miss G & Mrs K Sloane
3. Severnvale She's Got Class - Mrs W M Price
Res. Ferasheen Primrose Lass - Miss Holehan
VHC. Balnagown Lucrezia - Mrs M Cameron
Junior - Bitch
Entries. 8 Absentees. 2
1. Perfectly Wicked For Danwish - Miss T Gardner
2. Aoibheanne's Rough N' Tumble - Miss E S Ciechonska
3. Copper's Roses All Over [atc Ar00778swe] - Miss C M Ostman
Res. Ferasheen Pavanna - Miss G & Mrs K Sloane
VHC. Severnvale She's Got Class - Mrs W M Price
Yearling - Bitch
Entries. 2 Absentees. 0
1. Wynjill Well Known JW - Mrs J E Holley
2. Wynjill Well Kept Secret At Barntallock - Mr R E & Mrs M A Harvey
Graduate - Bitch
Entries. 4 Absentees. 3
1. Shenanagin Sensational At Barntallock - Mr R E & Mrs M A Harvey
Post Graduate - Bitch
Entries. 7 Absentees. 3
1. Bardonhill Please Dont Tease Quensha JW - Mr R, Mr A & Mrs A Bott, Allen & Morgan
2. Kirkavagh Ximena - Mrs S P, Mr S C & Mrs L M Gargrave Gargrave & King
3. Tamwood Tahlula - Mrs C Warner
Res. Sametsuz Just A Blether - Mrs L E Moffat
Limit - Bitch
Entries. 12 Absentees. 4
1. Sametsuz Call Girl JW - Ms M J Henderson
2. Copper's Magical Twist [atc Ar00776swe] - Ms Klebo P
3. Fernstart Love In A Mist At Ferasheen - Miss G & Mrs K Sloane
Res. Shenanagin Softly Softly JW - Mr J A Watt
VHC. Oakchase Gulietta (a I - Mrs L Sketchley
Open - Bitch
Entries. 3 Absentees. 0
1. Sh Ch/int Ch Fairhaven Louise Mountbatten @ Braidmount ((imp) Swe - Ms M & Mr W Hunter & Brown
2. Kirkavagh Ebadiyla JW - Mr S C & Mrs L M King
3. Copper¦s Under My Umbrella [atc Al00246swe] - Miss C M Ostman
Veteran - Bitch
Entries. 1 Absentees. 0
1. Strathmead Snowbunting JW - Mrs C Warner
Copyright Bardonhill. All Rights Reserved.