- Category: Champ Shows Archives Champ Shows Archives
- Published: 15 November 2015 15 November 2015
Critique - Judges: Dogs: Mr David Hemmings (Orlanset)
I would like to thank the committee of the association for inviting me to judge at this very well organised championship show. The hospitality shown by this hard working committee was second to non. I was also graced with two very efficient stewards who I thank for their involvement on the day. This was my first time awarding CC’s in this beautiful breed which I have owned for over 30yrs. On the whole I found all my exhibits well presented with clean coats and on the majority quality was very good. On the downside to my dismay I found a couple of suspect mouths in the middle classes and dogs carrying to much weight. Movement on the whole was good but some classes had dogs which lacked good movement due to angulation in front and rear. This all reflected in my final placings.
Finally and most of all I would like to thank all the exhibitors for their entry, sportsmanship, and giving me the opportunity to go over their beautiful dogs which provided me with an entry of quality dogs it was truly humbling.
VD (2,0a) -
1. Edwards -ShCh Gwendariff Rockin Robin JW , For 8-yrs old this dog gets better each time I have seen him. An elegant well balanced dog, striking in outline when stacked and on the move, nice well chiselled head with correct planes and soft expression, raised brow, dark eye, and in proportion. neck of moderate length and muscular, good in front angulation, nice tight feet, good depth of chest with well sprung ribcage, gently sloping in topline with no break , correct tailset, strong in rear quarters, well bent in stifle joint, moved with drive and correct footfalls, presented in gleaming coat & condition , a credit to his owner, in agreement with my co –judge BV,& later to our delight RBVIS. -
2. Gardner`s -ShCh Riqitta Authentic , A dog I have previously given top awards to and approaching 8-yrs. A well boned dog, balanced and in proportion, nice well chiselled head with correct planes, neck of moderate length, shoulders well laid back giving good front angulation, good depth of chest with well sprung ribcage, wide and strong in rear with good muscle,moved with drive holding his topline. Again presented in good coat & condition but just preferred the overall balance and elegance of 1. today.
MPD. (7,0a) -
1.Gawn & Sterritt`s -Tullaroan V.D Wester-Huy This 7-Mths youngster stood out in a class of promising quality puppies and thoroughly deserved his places. A very well constructed dog sound in all departments and for his age quite mature. In outline he is well balanced, a refined masculine head, raised brow, dark eye and soft gentle expression, good reach of neck ,shoulders deep and sloping well back providing good front angulation, nice tight feet, deep in chest with good spring of rib at this early age, gently sloping in topline, strong in rear quarters with good bend to stifle joint, movement was good with lashing tail action, presented in tip top condition and handled to advantage. One I am sure has a very bright and promising future in the show ring and shall watch with interest. in agreement with my co –judge BP. -
2. Northend`s –Aoibheannes Single Malt. Another promising youngster with a lovely rich dark coat and balanced outline.Nice in head with soft expression, moderate length to neck, good in front with correct angulation, nice depth to chest with spring to rib, gently sloping in topline, good set on of tail, again another which is strong in rear quarters with good angulation but I felt not as balanced as 1 at this stage of growth, moved well. -
3. Gracie’s – Summergate Thief Of Hearts
1. Gawn & Sterritt`s -Tullaroan V.D Wester-Huy -
2. Northend`s –Aoibheannes Single Malt -
3. Wheeldon’s-Bardonhill Jealous Guy.
JD(8,2a)- 1. Edwards – Gwendariff Ps I Love You Bonhomie JW. A lovely refined well balanced dog with a super head. Good reach of neck leading into well placed shoulders, nice tight feet, good depth to chest with spring to ribs, gently sloping in topline to his good set on of tail, strong and wide in rear quarters with correct angulation,moved well around the ring with enthusiasm.presented in immaculate condition and handled to perfection. -
2. Cooper’s Gwendariffs On A Roll. Another of very similar type but I preferred the overall balance of my winner today,Again a very well balanced boy with lots to like about him, nice head with dark eye, raised brow and soft expression, good reach to neck, correct front assembly, good depth to chest , nice gently sloping topline, strong and wide with good angulation in rear quarters, moved out well, presented in gleaming coat.
3. Longbottom & Stuart-Richie’s – Gwendariff Unknown Soldier.
1. Rowbottom’s – Lanstara Spring Moon. One I have often watched from the ring side, A well balanced dog with a lovely outline and nice soft expression in head with plenty of work to it. Nice reach of neck, well laid back in shoulder providing good front angulation, nice tight feet, gently sloping in topline to strong well angulated rear quarters, moved out very good with reach and drive, presented and handled very well.
2.- Gracie’s – Summergate Rumour Has It. Well boned dog with rich dark coat. Good front assembly with nice tight arched feet, nice lay back to shoulder, good reach of neck, nice depth to chest, gently sloping in topline, strong in rear quarters with good bend to stifle joint, moved out well, presented in good condition. -
3. McLarnon’s -Gwendariff Nuts Aboutu Glenavna JW
1.Gawn & Sterritt`s -Tullaroan V.D Wester-Huy -
2. Bell & Barker-Bell’s –Balintyne Just For You. Pleasing in outline, well balanced, in conformation and of the correct proportions, nice classic head, good front assembly, deep in chest, gently sloping in topline which he held on the move.I just preferred the overall merits of my winner even though he was less mature. -
3. Holehan’s – Loganrish Prosecco.
1. Tupper & Rosie’s – Staratlanta Elliott. A lovely well balanced dog stood to perfection complete with a rich chestnut coat. He has a nice well chiselled head with raised brow and dark eye, good reach of neck, nice layback of shoulder, good front angulation,deep in chest and well sprung in rib, gently sloping in topline to tailset, good bend to stifle joint, wide and well muscled in rear, strode out with enthusiasm, presented and handled well. -
2. Sloane’s – Ferasheen Patriot Game. Striking in outline when stacked,Nice in head with correct proportions, good layback of shoulder, deep in chest with good spring of rib, strong in rear, moved out well. -
3. Cohen’s- Aoibheanne’s Rough Diamond With Shushana JW
1. Walsh & Foster’s – Millcroft Chase The Moon. Watched this dog come on in leaps and bounds. He has a classic head, soft and gentle expression and nice dark eye. Nice low set ears, good reach of neck setting nice into his well placed shoulders, well angulated in forequarters and tight cat like feet, good depth to chest with spring to rib, gently sloping in topline to correct tailset, strong and wide rear quarters with good angulation, moved with drive and enthusiasm around the ring holding his topline, presented and handled to a tee -
2. Edwards – Gwendariff Pink Panther Of Bonhomie. A slightly heavier dog in head for me but striking in every way. Clean in outline and shown in gleaming coat, Good reach of neck, nicely laid back shoulder and correct length to upper arm giving correct angulation, good depth to chest, gently sloping topline, wide and strong in rear, moved well. -
3. Hogarth’s- Redclyst Flash At Halingswood JW
1. Holley’s- Wynjill Well I Am JW. This boy looked outstanding today and oozed quality throughout. He is elegant and racy and moved the best I have seen of him in a while. Today he was also shown in good full coat and trimmed to perfection. He is blessed with a handsome masculine head refined with plenty of work, raised brow, dark eye, and topped off with a soft melting gentle expression, good reach of neck and muscular with nice arch, well laid back in shoulder with good length of upper arm giving correct front angulation, nice tight feet, deep in chest with good spring to rib, gently sloping in topline , strong wide rear quarters with good angulation of stifle joints and short in hocks, moved effortlessly around the ring with reach and drive. Delighted to award him the CC against tough competition, and I hear this was also his crown well done.-
2.Sturrock’s- Forfarian I’m Sexy An I Know It JW. One that I have followed from a puppy. He is another elegant and racy dog who commands attention stood amongst the best of company. He has a well chiselled masculine head with a dark eye and raised brow giving a soft expression, moderate length of neck flowing into his correctly placed shoulders, sound in front, good depth to chest and spring in rib, gently sloping in topline, strong in rear with correct angulation, moved well around the ring . Presented in immaculate condition and handled to the best advantage.Considered for the rcc -
3. Hill-Decoster’s- Vicary’s Keykeeper.
A very difficult class to judge, full of top drawer dogs. It was an honour to go over so many top quality exhibits of our breed. Very hard decisions had to be made and I thank you for your sportsmanship with the decisions I made. It was truly an honour.
1. Milligan-Bott & Bott’s – Sh Ch Thendara Pot Noodle JW. Such an outstanding dog and showman in every way, super in outline , presented in a beautiful well groomed coat and excellent condition. He has a lovely well chiselled head of the correct proportions, dark eye raised brow, and a true melting soft expression. Good reach of neck , well laid back in shoulder with good front angulation, deep in chest with well sprung rib, strong in loin area, gently sloping in topline to a good tailset, well muscled in rear with good angulation, moved around the ring effortlessly with good reach and drive.He was in top contention but my eventual CC winner was on such top form today. RCC -
2. Stewart & Ritchie-Smith’s – Sh Ch Gwendariff Whippersnapper JW. Another outstanding dog and representative of all the good points in our breed. Stunning in outline and presented in tip top condition groomed to perfection as always by this top breeder. Although I preferred the head of my winner he has a well chiselled head of good proportions and soft expression, good reach of neck, correct shoulder placement, deep in chest with good spring of rib, gently sloping in topline with good tailset, strong and wide in rear quarters. He moved around the ring again with reach and drive. -
3. Hogarth’s - Sh Ch Avacet Snowdrift.
DAVID HEMMINGS (Orlanset)
Gundog Breeds Association of Scotland
14 November 2015
Judges: Dogs: Mr David Hemmings (Orlanset) Bitches: Mrs Ro Cox (Tiroen)
Entry: 144 Dogs making 198 Entries
Bardonhill Slide Show
View at Bardonhill on Smugmug
Congratulations to Richard Bott, Anthony Allen & Angela Morgan
and Paige, winner of the Bitch Challenge Certificate and Best of Breed
Sh.Ch. Bardonhill Please Don't Tease Quensha JW
Winning his 3rd Challenge Certificate and Show Champion Title
Congratulations to Fred, owned by Jill Holley
Sh.Ch. Wynjill Well I Am JW
The Res,Dog CC was awarded to Noodle
owned by Dee Milligan-Bott and Jeremy Bott
Sh.Ch. Thendara Pot Noodle JW
The Res.Bitch CC was awarded to Neita
owned by Laura Kolbach
Ch.Copper's Wine'N Roses
Best Puppy Dog and Best Puppy in Breed was awarded to
Iris Gawn and Gillian Sterritt with
Tullaroan V.D Wester-Huy
Best Puppy Bitch was awarded to Will Brown and Mona Hunter with
Braidmount Lady in Waiting
Best Veteran in Breed and Reserve Best Veteran in Show
was awarded to Daniel owned by Sue Edwards
Sh.Ch. Gwendariff Rockin Robin JW
Best Veteran Bitch was George and Cheryl Stevensons
Lochlorien Prime Suspect For Andley JW Sh.CM
Catalogue pages Here kindly supplied by Viv Blackshaw
Full Results now posted on www.fossedata.co.uk