- Category: Open Shows Archives Open Shows Archives
- Published: 19 February 2016 19 February 2016
Critique - Irish Setter Breed Judge Diane Bain
Group Judge Professor David Brigden
Firstly I would like to thank the society for a very warm welcome and a special thank you to the exhibitors who took the time to enter under me.
Special Yearling. 14 entries/ 5 absent.
I. Jones' Hunnicote Handyman. One I haven't seen before, very well presented, lovely head, neck and shoulders, great front and good upper arm. Pleasing top line and tail set. Strong quarters which he used to his advantage on the move. RBOB, he stood in front of a quality bitch who, for me , was carrying a little too much weight, which was a shame as it was a difficult decision to put her 2nd.
2. Fauvelle's Clonageera Walk in the sun.
3. Pym's Thendara the Watchmaker. Best Puppy.
Graduate. 5 entries / 1 absent
1 Rutherford/ Judge and Lippet's Clonageera Love is Real. Litter sister to 2nd in yearling, The prettiest of heads, with the softest of expressions, good front and correct neck and shoulders into level topline, well muscled quarters which she used to her advantage as she glided around the ring. BOB and pleased she went on to 3rd place in the gundog group.
2. Roberts' and Cormacks' Sangarah Shared Romance with Polmennor.
3. Partridges' Kerrydown Odds On.
Post Graduate 2 entries /2 absent
Limit 4 entries
1, Prangles' Heathclare Old Glory. I wouldn't have normally gone for this type but his excellent movement won him the class, Well arched neck into good shoulders, lovely dark coat which was gleaming, strong quarters which shone out on the move.
2.Partriges' Kerrydown Nighthawk.
3. Redclyst Kearney.
Open Dog 5 entries/ 4 absent.
1. Beresfords' Polmennor Funtime, One I have judged before and although he stood alone he has matured into a lovely boy. Good head with kind expression and raised brow, good spring of rib and length of back, correct tail set, good quarters, moved freely.
Open Bitch 5 entries/ 2 absent.
1. Kerrydown Octavia, Nice bitch, good head with raised brow, well arched neck into well placed shoulders, good spring of rib and correct topline, moved well with animation.
Irish Red/White Open 3 entries 1 absent
This class had 2 show Champions , both by the same owner.
1. Lipscombes' Sh. Ch. Courtdown's Finnians Rainbow.
2. Lipscombes' Sh. Ch. Kellizlot River Legend. 1, Nicely marked 3 year old dog, good head and kind eye, straight front, good topline and strong quarters, won over his 10 year old kennel mate with his freeflowing movement
English Setter Open 2 entries
1. Osmans' Bournhouse Stargazer at Marissolo
Lovely tri-coloured boy, good chiselled head and kind eye. Straight front, good shoulders and upper arm. Strong well muscled quarters which he used to his advantage on the move.
2. Canonsett Grin N' Bear it.
BOB and Gundog Group 3 Rutherford, Judge and Lippet Clonageera Love is Real
RBOB Jones' Hunnicote Handyman
BP Pym's Thendara The Watchmaker
Special Yearling (14, 3 abs)
1st Jones Hunnicote Handyman
2nd Fauvrelle's Clonageera Walk in the Sun
3rd Pym's Thendara The Watchmaker
4th Roberts and Cormack's Sangarah Shared Romance with Polmennor
Graduate (5, 1ab)
1st Rutherford, Judge and Lippet's Clonageera Love is Real
2nd Roberts & Cormack Sangarah Shared Romance with Polmennor
3rd Partridge;s Kerrydown Odds On
4th McCabe Redclyst Cosette
Post Graduate (2, 2abs)
1st Prangle's Heathclare Old Glory
2nd Partridge Kerrydown Night Hawk
3rd Macdonald Redclyst Kearney
4th Hadfield Marzanne's Over the Moon
Open Dog (3, 2 abs)
1st Beresford Polmennor Funtime
Open Bitch (5, 2 abs)
1st Partridge Kerrydown Octavia
2nd Prangle Heathclare Que Sera Sera
3rd Marzannes Too Hot to Handle
Results kindly supplied by Jennie Jones